Welcome to BDJ Online!

Welcome to the Baptist's Digest Journal Online. You will still read the same articles that will challenge, motivate, inspire and inform you in the Christian Life and Doctrine.May God use this blog to whatever purpose to decides to for your life.


This blog is an online ministry of Capitol Bible Baptist Church, Tanza, Cavite, Philippines. You can visit our church's website: www.capitolbiblebaptist.multiply.com.


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Editor: It is Well with God


I just watched a video that told of the story of the man behind the song "It is Well with My Soul." This man really  almost had Job's experience. He was a rich Christian, and spent much of his life helping people in his community, and yet, series of painful events followed that made him suicidal--the deaths of his five children--the two because of an incurable illness, the other three because their ship sank on a travel because of a recent storm. One night, when it seemed to him that all was gone, his wife embraced him and said, "It is well." Then this man realized that yes, God is alive, and all happens for His good purpose--thus leading to the composition of this wonderful song.

Then I began to look carefully at God--the One who knows everything, what happens, and what will happen. Also recently I happened to a website titled Positive Atheism, which promotes unbelief in God all-over its pages.  I even shook my head in disbelief when I saw at the bottom: "God is a Fraud," and "Faithless." What a blasphemy! I was really saddened, knowing that this is not the only site that promotes such trash. And these people are really sincere that they're right! After that I turn to the lost souls doing what seem right in their eyes, not in God's sight. Then I turn to other Christians who can't do well for God in spite of the salvation they've freely received. Then I turn to myself, and see my shortcomings, misgivings, and gross sins. How must these be so saddening for God! How must these have angered Him! And yet, when I consider it, this God, must be saying, "It is well." It is well! It is well with God! Because He knows everything happens with a purpose, and that someday (may that someday come quickly), everything will turn out right.

Maybe we should do the same thing.

Bro. Elijah E. Abanto
E-mail me at elijah_baptist@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment