Welcome to BDJ Online!

Welcome to the Baptist's Digest Journal Online. You will still read the same articles that will challenge, motivate, inspire and inform you in the Christian Life and Doctrine.May God use this blog to whatever purpose to decides to for your life.


This blog is an online ministry of Capitol Bible Baptist Church, Tanza, Cavite, Philippines. You can visit our church's website: www.capitolbiblebaptist.multiply.com.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Editor This is Only the Beginning

            Here we are again. Before, I can't believe that CYPA will last long enough, but now, I already believe. Because as long as God sustains this work, it will not cease. And now, two years passed since the paper ministry started with just one concern: "to bear the truth".
            And yes, it started with the C--the children. What I intended in the beginning is only to provide learning activity papers for my students in Sunday School and Good News Class, and then...here it is. Then the Lord placed in my heart that everyone may be reached through this--that's why it is C.Y.P.A.--Children, Young People, Adults.It's not in my thinking that this will reach up to this point--that there is a frontline paper, the Baptist Digest Journal, and the other line of publications aiming to help in the growth of Baptist Christians (and unsaved persons) here, and all over the world. All over the world, because it can now reach, through the BDJ paper, the many Filipinos from different places in the world, as well as many english-speaking people, through the BDJ online blog. As of now,we have already more than 80 BDJ receivers through e-mail, excluding those who are receiving it in printed page.
            Sometimes,I'm thinking that in it's second year, this ministry is still not pushing onward.Why? Because until now, the ministry still doesn't have its own computer, and above all, a printer. When there are classes in the Bible School, I use the library computer which the Eberts allowed me to use freely. but if there are no classes, I have to go to a computer shop and spend hours of typing. On the other computers, several times the customer changes, but I, still there until nighttime. The church spends 150 pesos per week for this. As for the printing, I would go to a computer shop (now, in Ink Tank), and I would spend at least an hour to wait for the seven or more publications to be printed--because there are still other customers. And almost until now, this  ministry is still a one-man army--writing, editing, encoding, lay-outing, e-mailing, blogging, printing, distributing--I am the one who does it. God's miracle that I can still keep up with my studies and other church works.
            Well, It's not really--it is not true that CYPA is not pushing onward. In fact, it does, "little by little". Guess what, before, I print the originals at sir Ebert's, then I will have it xeroxed at Copytrade which is 60 cents per copy. Now, I don't do it anymore, and I have each copy printed, and sometimes, even colored copies. Ande guess what--before, the ministry can't rent a computer for almost eleven hours of typing and everything, but now it can! Thanks to my pastor and to my mom, the Capitol members who saw its importance, and the brethren abroad who once (and is still continuing) shared what they can.(CYPA Hall of fame: [from our church] Prado family, Saludario family, Sis. Carlota Cabading, Sis. Gladys Bachiller, Bro. Roger Rodriguez, Biago family, Cervanez family, Bro. Angelo  del Prado, Alvarez family, Sis Merielen Cubol, [outside the church] Bro. Dennis and Gloria Ebert, Sis. Anne Pagad, Bro. Manuel Diamante, Sis Marlene Valeroso, [abroad] Manalo family, Ping family, Bro. Christian Vicuna, Sis Sarah Cortez, Pastor Charlie Ravago). And now, I'm not alone anymore--Pastor and my mom are writing articles, and there is now a new Blog manager: Sis. Ella Calderon. And wait, Pastor Charlie Ravago (from Chicago, BBBC) bought us a printer-scanner-copier and well, for the computer, it's on the way!
            And as for controversies, CYPA will never have none of it through BDJ--and that is because of its courage to publish the truth. As for the joys, I'm happy whenever I'm seeing the children who are happy coloring and learning through the Children's Scripture Story paper, Children's Bible Truth paper, and Children's Sunday Academy. The "thank you's" from those who are receiving the BDJ's printed version. The souls who got saved through the Children's Salvation Paper. The members who are learning to win souls through filling-up the Operation Go Trainee's Guide, And God, who continues to cheer-up and encourage, even though, there are almost no encouragements received (especially on e-mail).
            This is just the beginning. And by the Lord's grace, CYPA will continue to be a blessing to many others here in the Philippines and all over the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment