Welcome to BDJ Online!

Welcome to the Baptist's Digest Journal Online. You will still read the same articles that will challenge, motivate, inspire and inform you in the Christian Life and Doctrine.May God use this blog to whatever purpose to decides to for your life.


This blog is an online ministry of Capitol Bible Baptist Church, Tanza, Cavite, Philippines. You can visit our church's website: www.capitolbiblebaptist.multiply.com.


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What the Left Hand is Doing

By Ruth Bell Graham

            "He doesn't want his right hand to know that his left hand is doing nothing," a friend said of a stingy relative, wryly reversing Jesus' advice to not let the left hand know what the right is doing.
            Those who have affected my life most deeply for good have seldom, if ever, been aware of the fact. On the other hand, people who think themselves a blessing seldom are.
            Jesus told us in Matthew 25 that at the final judgment, He will seperate the people one from another as a shepherd would divide his sheep and goats, sending the sheep on the right and the goats to the left.
           "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you," He will say to the sheep. "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." (Matthew 25:34-36, KJV)
           But to the goats He will say the opposite, commanding, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41, KJV). The goats will have ignored His every need, which, He explained, are the needs of the least of His brethren.
           Those who minister to His needs are as unaware of their goodness and kindness as those who are indifferent are unaware of their indifference.
           Perhaps this is why Jesus warned against giving alms before men. And not letting your right hand know what the left is doing.

Taken from Decision magazine, June 2005. All rights reserved.         

No comments:

Post a Comment